The Stone Age
This half term we will be studying the Stone Age. This includes how early man found food, the tools they used, their dwellings and how they communicated.
In English we will be using 'Talk for Writing' to create our own stories.
We will learn about adjectives, imperative verbs, time conjunctions, when to use 'a' or 'an' and using inverted commas for speech.
After reading 'How to Wash a Woolly Mammoth' we will write instructions.
These are some of the books we will be reading this half term.
In maths we will be learning:
- to find 1, 10 and 100 more and less than a given number
- know what each digit in a number means (hundreds, tens and ones)
- compare and order numbers to 1000
- add a 1-digit number to a 2-digit number
- add a 2-digit number to a 2-digit number
- add a 1-digit number to a 3-digit number
- add a 2-digit number to a 3-digit number
- add a 3-digit number to a 3-digit number
- using practical equipment, jottings and column addition to solve problems
- subtract a 1-digit number from a 2-digit number
- subtract a 2-digit number from a 2-digit number
- subtract a 1-digit number from a 3-digit number
- subtract a 2-digit number from a 3-digit number
- subtract a 3-digit number from a 3-digit number
- see practical equipment, jottings and column method to solve problems
- to count in steps of 4, 6, 8, 50 and 100
- to know the 3, 4, 6 and 8 times tables
- answer multiplication and division problems
Our topic in Science is 'Rocks'. We will be learning about the different types of rocks (igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic). We will also learn about how fossils are formed and what soil is made from.