Each pupil has a Reading Record Book. This Reading Record should be brought into school every day alongside your children's reading books.
When reading with your child at home, please record your own comments. This does not need to be long or complicated - just show that somebody at home has been supporting with reading.
- Well Done.
- Read fluently with sister.
- Tried really hard.
Feedback to the teacher:
- They found this book difficult or easy.
- Explained the events in the story.
- Had to explain the meaning of these words ...
- Needed help with 'ch' sound.
Sometimes a smiley face or another picture can be used.
In addition to your child's school reading books, you can share and discuss newspapers, magazines, recipes, factual books, picture books or website information.