Meet the author - Tom Palmer
In March 2021, the author Tom Palmer produced a video for Rood End Primary. The following questions were generated by the pupils themselves:
- What was the first book/story that you produced? Did it get published?
- How long did it take you to write your first story? Did you ever feel like giving up?
- How did you become a writer? When did you realise that this is your career?
- Why did you become an author?
- If you were not an author, what job would you have and why?
- Which authors inspire you?
- What would you say to a boy/girl who wants to be an author when they grow up?
- How do you continue to come up with new ideas for stories?
- Why do you use football/sport as the starting point for many of your books?
- If you had to go back in time, would you change anything in one particular book?
- Who is one of your favourite characters in any of the books that you have written?
- Do you prefer writing children’s books or adults’ books?
- Favourite genre?
- Where do you write your books?
- Out of all your books, do you have a particular favourite?