Curriculum Statement of Intent
We are an inclusive school where children and adults work together in an environment of respect. We aim to provide an education that will give the children at Rood End the opportunity to explore and develop their own values and beliefs. Children are also taught to have a positive, caring attitude towards others. We expect high standards of personal behaviour and an understanding of the diversity and richness of the different backgrounds of our school community. We celebrate differences and different kinds of families. Support is given to children through mentoring, our school Counsellor and our Family Support Worker.
- Active learners who understand what they have achieved and know what to do to make progress
- Children who are enthusiastic and motivated to learn and who are not anxious about the next steps in their learning
- Learning is clearly sequenced so that prior learning is retained and gives children a secure foundation to move onto more challenging work
- All pupils are able to access the curriculum
- High expectations for all pupils in and outside the classroom
- Staff are knowledgeable about the children they teach: their interests, strengths, areas to develop and their life experience
- Relationships built on trust so that children can flourish regardless of their life experiences
Parents are welcome at any time to contract the school if they have any questions or concerns about the curriculum. Parents can come into school to look at any of the resources we use.