The curriculum at Rood End is currently in a transitional stage.
We have worked hard to develop a broader, more balanced and engaging curriculum for our pupils.
The curriculum overview for the next 3 years are shown below. The 2023-2024 overview shows our end goal.
Curriculum Statement of Intent
We are an inclusive school where children and adults work together in an environment of respect. Children are taught to have a positive, caring attitude towards others. We expect high standards of personal behaviour and an understanding of the diversity and richness of the different backgrounds of our school community. We celebrate differences and different kinds of families. Support is given to children through mentoring, our school Counsellor and our Family Support Worker.
- Active learners who understand what they have achieved and know what to do to make progress
- Children who are enthusiastic and motivated to learn and who are not anxious about the next steps in their learning
- Learning is clearly sequenced so that prior learning is retained and gives children a secure foundation to move onto more challenging work
- All pupils are able to access the curriculum
- High expectations for all pupils in and outside the classroom
- Staff are knowledgeable about the children they teach: their interests, strengths and areas to develop
- Relationships built on trust so that children can flourish regardless of their life experiences
By the time pupils leave Rood End Primary, they will have cumulatively sufficient knowledge and skills to prepare them for future learning.
Parents are welcome to contact the school and learn more about our engaging curriculum. Updates will be provided via newsletters and text messaging links.