Welcome to Year 4!
Eliza's Magic Sword Adventure
During Arts Week Year 4 had the opportunity to:
- Create a tie dye masterpiece
- Draw a self-portrait
- Try some improvisation and drama activities
- Construct a 3-D miniature building
- Draw some cartoons
- Collage a flower pot
- Plant a seed
- Learn a song and sing as a choir
- Produce music using Garage Band
- Use watercolours, paints, sketching pencils, pastels, and a variety of other art tools to create their own independent art pieces
- Have their work displayed in an end-of-week Art Gallery.
Art Week fun!
World Book Day!
This year for World Book Day we chose Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. We explored the story and made all sorts of crafts, such as teacups, talking flowers, and personalised playing cards. We tried to write some silly poems in the style of the Jabberwocky.
These can be seen on our door.
In curriculum this term we have been studying Anglo-Saxons and Vikings. The children have learned all in all sorts of ways, from making stop-motion animation films about a Viking invasion, to designing and creating a 3-D Viking ship!
In science we have learned about electricity and are now starting a unit of sound! The children all made their own instrument that we will experiment with during our lessons. Pictures to follow!
We are gearing up for an exciting year ahead.
Our curriculum theme this term is Ancient Mayan Civilizations and all about Chocolate!
We will be reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in English, and maybe even designing our own chocolate bars.
In Maths we will be focusing on our multiplication tables all the way up to 12.
In Science, we will be learning all about States of Matter.
We are excited for P.E. every Thursday and Swimming every Friday!