Welcome to Reception.
Here you will find information regarding the different activities taking place in Reception throughout the year.
Our learning is based around the interests of the children and we have lots of fun learning through play.
RR Mrs Billingham
RE Miss Boswell
HLTA: Mrs Browne
Support staff: Miss Naz, Mrs Bibi, Mrs Small
- Our Reception P.E. sessions take place on a Wednesday. Please send children to school dressed in their PE kit and trainers on a Wednesday. Please ensure they have their hair tied back and are wearing no jewelry.
- Each child will receive 2 reading books. One is to read with your child this will have a sticker labelled "Read with me" and one is based on the Phonic phase your child is working on and will be labelled "Read alone".
- These will need to be kept in your child's book bag and brought into school every day.
- Your child will also be given a reading record, the intent of this is for parents to write comments in after they have heard their child read and for staff to comment in.
- Each week your child will be assigned a book on Rocket Phonics.
- Daily reading
- Online reading on Rocket Phonics
- Weekly tasks to complete on reading eggs
- An activity in their learning log every fortnight.
Here are some useful websites for you to explore at home